Tuesday 1 February 2011

Arriving in Turkey

Left Sydney on Monday night- plane delayed for an hour before we even took off! Arrived in Dubai at 5.30am- what an amazing airport, shiny, glass and massive pines growing indoors AND about a kilometre of duty free shopping! There for 5 hours then boarded plane for Istanbul. the passport office was SOOOOOOO slow at istanbul, the luggage carousel had even stopped revolving by the time I got through. Irem collected me, but have had my name announced several times over the loudspeaker before I got through customs which made me panic as I couldn't get to the information desk until I had cleared customs- I was hoping she wasn't going to leave as I didn't have her mobile number!!
We were driven to my "lodgements" in a school minibus-with driver. I can see why I won't be driving in Istanbul! OMG they just change lanes that aren't even there whenever they feel the need!
Apartment is fine- security guard 24/7, key to enter block and key to enter apart. In a nice part of the Asian side of istanbul. Am now off to the corner store to buy some dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment